Nordstrom Rack's Terms & Conditions
Nordstrom Rack Terms & Conditions
Please review the following terms and conditions (“Terms”) that govern your use of and purchase of products from (collectively, “Use”) nordstromrack.com and any Nordstrom Rack brand mobile applications (collectively, our “Site”). The Site is provided by Nordstrom, Inc. (“Nordstrom”). By creating an Account or otherwise accessing or using the Site, you acknowledge and agree to follow and be bound by these Terms.
THESE TERMS INCLUDE A CLASS ACTION WAIVER AND REQUIRE BINDING ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS TO RESOLVE DISPUTES. DETAILS ARE SET FORTH IN SECTION 16 BELOW.
You must be at least 13 years old to Use the Site. If you are under the age of majority in your state of residence (a minor), your parent or legal guardian must agree to these Terms on your behalf, and you may only access and Use the Site with permission from your parent or legal guardian. By using the Site, you represent and warrant that: (a) all information you submit during Account registration is truthful and accurate; (b) you will maintain the accuracy of such information; and (c) your Use of the Site does not violate any applicable law or regulation. Your profile and Account may be terminated and deleted without warning if we believe that you are under 13 years of age, if we believe that you are under 18 years of age and you represent yourself as 18 or older, or if we believe you are over 18 and represent yourself as under 18.
2. Accounts and Registration
3. Shipping and Processing and In-Store Pick-Up
For information about our shipping and other delivery options and policies, please visit our Shipping and Returns page.
4. Product Information
The prices displayed on our Site may differ from prices that are available in stores. Our pricing may also differ from store to store and between different Nordstrom brands (that is, Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack, Trunk Club, and any other Nordstrom brands). Products displayed on the Site may be available in selected Nordstrom Rack stores in the United States. The prices displayed on the Site are quoted in U.S. dollars, unless otherwise indicated.
Please note that while we have tried to accurately display the colors of products, the actual colors you see will depend on your monitor or mobile device and may not be accurate. Additionally, from time to time there may be information on our Site that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies, or omissions that may relate to product descriptions, pricing, and/or availability. As a result, we do not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information on the Site, including prices, product images, specifications, and/or availability. Nordstrom reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies, or omissions and to change or update information at any time without prior notice (including after you have submitted your order). If you do not wish to continue your purchase after pricing or other information has been corrected, please contact us right away.
We reserve the right to refuse or cancel any order you place on the Site, including for pricing errors, as set forth in our Frequently Asked Questions. We reserve the right to limit quantities on orders placed by the same Account, on orders placed by the same method of payment, and on orders that use the same billing or shipping address. We reserve the right to, in our sole discretion, prohibit purchases of any products to resellers, dealers, and distributors.
If you wish to purchase any product or service made available through the Site, you may be asked to supply certain information relevant to your transaction including, without limitation, information about your method of payment (such as your payment card number and expiration date), your billing address, and your shipping information. YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU HAVE THE LEGAL RIGHT TO USE ANY PAYMENT CARDS OR OTHER PAYMENT METHODS UTILIZED IN CONNECTION WITH ANY TRANSACTION. By submitting such information, you grant to us the right to provide such information to third parties for purposes of facilitating the transactions initiated by you or on your behalf.
You agree to pay all charges that may be incurred by you or on your behalf through the Site, at the prices in effect when such charges are incurred including, without limitation, all shipping and handling charges, and you authorize us to charge all sums for the orders that you make to the payment method specified at the time. In addition, you remain responsible for any taxes that may be applicable to your transactions. You authorize us to charge all applicable amounts for the orders that you make to the payment method specified at the time of purchase.
9. User Content
Certain features of the Site may permit users to upload, submit, and post content to the Site, including messages, reviews, photos, video, images, folders, data, text, and other types of works (“User Content”) and to publish User Content on the Site. Nordstrom uses a variety of third-party social media websites, communication services, and media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram (collectively, "Social Media Assets") to communicate and interact with our customers. Any content or materials submitted or posted to these Social Media Assets will be considered User Content. You are solely responsible for your User Content and the consequences of providing User Content via the Site or Social Media Assets. You retain any copyright and other proprietary rights that you may hold in the User Content that you post to the Site.
Nordstrom does not endorse, support, sanction, encourage, verify or agree with the comments, opinions or statements posted on forums, blogs or otherwise contained in the Site and expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with User Content submissions. Nordstrom disclaims any and all liability in connection with User Content, and you agree that Nordstrom and its third-party service providers are not responsible, and shall have no liability to you, with respect to any User Content.
If you are a Nordstrom employee and submit a review as part of your User Content, you must disclose your employment status within that review.
By providing User Content via the Site or Social Media Assets, you affirm, represent, and warrant that:
- you are the creator and owner of the User Content, or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to authorize Nordstrom and users of the Site to use and distribute your User Content as necessary to exercise the licenses granted by you in these Terms, in the manner contemplated by Nordstrom, the Site, and these Terms;
- your User Content, and the use of your User Content as contemplated by these Terms, does not and will not: (i) infringe, violate, or misappropriate any third party right, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right; (ii) slander, defame, libel, or invade the right of privacy, publicity or other property rights of any other person; or (iii) cause Nordstrom to violate any law or regulation or otherwise cause liability for Nordstrom;
- if you are a Nordstrom employee, that you have disclosed this fact in any review you have submitted; and
- your User Content could not be deemed by a reasonable person to be objectionable, profane, indecent, pornographic, harassing, threatening, embarrassing, hateful, or otherwise inappropriate.
10. License to Your Content
By posting, displaying, uploading, or providing User Content to the Site or Social Media Assets, you hereby grant Nordstrom a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicensable, worldwide license to use, copy, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, transmit, disclose, publicly perform, and publicly display the User Content (in whole or in part) and to incorporate such User Content into other works in any format or medium now known or later developed for any and all commercial or non-commercial purposes. By providing User Content to or via the Site to other users of the Site, you grant those users a non-exclusive license to access and use that User Content as permitted by these Terms and the functionality of the Site.
11. Sole Discretion to Edit or Screen Content
Nordstrom does not and cannot review or screen all User Content and is not in any manner responsible for the content of User Content. You acknowledge that by providing you with the ability to view and distribute User Content on the Site, Nordstrom is merely acting as a passive conduit for such distribution and is not undertaking any obligation or liability relating to any contents or activities on the Site. Nordstrom reserves the right, but undertakes no duty, to at any time and without prior notice review, screen, remove, edit, move, delete, or block any User Content, in its sole discretion, without notice. If at any time Nordstrom chooses, in its sole discretion, to monitor the Site, Nordstrom nonetheless assumes no responsibility for User Content, no obligation to modify or remove any inappropriate User Content, and no responsibility for the conduct of the user submitting any such User Content.
12. Acceptable Use
You are responsible for your Use of the Site. Our goal is to create a positive, useful, and safe user experience. To promote this goal, we prohibit certain kinds of conduct that may be harmful to other users or to us. When you Use the Site, you may not:
- violate any law or regulation;
- violate, infringe, or misappropriate other people's intellectual property, privacy, publicity, or other legal rights;
- post or share anything that is illegal, abusive, harassing, pornographic, indecent, profane, obscene, hateful, racist, or otherwise objectionable;
- submit, send, post, upload, or otherwise make available unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or commercial communications, such as spam, advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, chain letters, or any other form of solicitation;
- advertise to, or solicit, any user to buy or sell any products or services, or use any information obtained from the Site to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any user without their prior explicit consent;
- submit any content linking to multilevel marketing schemes, pyramid schemes, or off-topic content;
- engage in spidering or harvesting, or participate in the use of software, including spyware, designed to collect data from the Site;
- alter or tamper with any Contents, information, or materials on or associated with the Site;
- transmit any viruses, malicious code, or other computer instructions or technological means whose purpose is to disrupt, damage, or interfere with the use of computers or related systems;
- post or transmit, or cause to be posted or transmitted, any communication or solicitation designed or intended to obtain password, account, or any other personally identifiable or private information from any user;
- disrupt, overwhelm, attack, modify or interfere with the Site or its associated software, hardware, or servers in any way;
- take any action that imposes, or may impose in our sole discretion, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- impede or interfere with others’ Use of the Site;
- abuse, defame, threaten, intimidate, stalk, harass, or harm another individual;
- impersonate any person or entity or perform any other similar fraudulent activity, such as phishing;
- use any robots, spiders, scrapers or any other automated means to access the Site for any purpose.
- use any means to scrape or crawl any web pages contained on the Site;
- attempt to circumvent any technological measure implemented by us or any of our providers or any other third party (including another user) to protect or restrict access to the Site;
- attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software or other underlying code used to provide the Site; or
- advocate, encourage, or assist any third party in doing any of the foregoing.
13. Copyright Infringement Policy / DMCA
We respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement and terminate accounts of repeat infringers according to the process set out in the U.S. Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). If you believe that your work has been copied or used on the Site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please send the following information to the Copyright Agent named below:
- Your address, telephone number, and email address.
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed.
- A description of where the alleged infringing material is located on the Site.
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by you, the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest.
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
The contact information for Nordstrom’s Copyright Agent is as follows:
1617 Sixth Avenue
Seattle, WA 98101
For clarity, only copyright infringement notices should go to our Copyright Agent. You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements of this section, your notice may not be valid.
Nordstrom may at its discretion suspend or terminate the access of and take other action against users, subscribers, registrants, and account holders who infringe the copyright rights of others.
These Terms constitute an agreement that is effective unless and until terminated by Nordstrom. Nordstrom may, at its sole discretion, terminate these Terms or your Account on the Site, or suspend or terminate your access to the Site, at any time for any reason or no reason, with or without notice. You may terminate your Account at any time by contacting Nordstrom Rack customer service. If in Nordstrom’s sole discretion you fail to comply with any term or provision of these Terms, Nordstrom may terminate your Account and deny you access to the Site. In the event of denial of access by Nordstrom, you are no longer authorized to access the Site. Upon termination of these Terms: (a) you must immediately cease Use of the Site; (b) you will no longer be authorized to access your Account or the Site; and (c) the following Sections will survive termination: Sections 8, 10, 11, 15, 16, 17, 21, and all other provisions of these Terms which are by their nature intended to survive termination.
20. Additional Terms, Modification and Severability, Miscellaneous
We reserve the right to modify, suspend, or discontinue the Site and any service, content, features, or products offered through Site at any time, without notice to you. We will have no liability to you or any third party for modification, suspension, or discontinuance of the Site, or any service, content, feature, or product offered through the Site.
We reserve the right to make changes to these Terms at any time, and such changes will be effective immediately upon being posted on the Site. Each time you Use the Site, you should review the current Terms. Your continued Use of the Site will constitute your acceptance of the current Terms.
If any part of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the unenforceable part will be given effect to the greatest extent possible, and the remaining parts will remain in full force and effect.
Under no circumstances will we be held liable for any delay or failure in performance due in whole or in part to any acts of nature or other causes beyond our reasonable control. The failure by us to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not prevent us from enforcing such right or provision in the future.
You may not assign or transfer these Terms or your rights under these Terms, in whole or in part, by operation of law or otherwise, without our prior written consent. We may assign the Terms and our rights and obligations under these Terms, including in connection with a merger, acquisition, sale of assets or equity, or by operation of law. You agree that communications and transactions between us may be conducted electronically.