The Elephant by Alice Bailly Framed Hand Painted Oil Reproduction
- Style #
- Avant-garde Swiss artist Alice Bailly drew inspiration from a variety of new and exciting styles during her time in Paris. After moving there in the early 1900s, she quickly established friendships and collaborations with leading artists in Fauvism, Cubism, and Dada. These distinctly modern styles are clearly visible in this work from 1922, entitled "The Elephant". Fauvism's vi ant colors are a perfect fit for this circus scene. The impossible perspective flattens all of the action into one image, creating a complex sort of organized chaos. Her juxtaposition of clean lines with rougher brushstrokes makes for a really dynamic image. This piece by one of the 20th century's most ground breaking female artists is sure to capture the attention of adults and children alike.
- Frame Description: New Age Black Frame
- Ready to hang
- 29" x 25" (actual: 28.75" x 24.75")
- Imported materials
- Assembled in USA
Orders cannot be shipped to Canada, Puerto Rico, APO, FPO or P.O. Boxes.
- Artist grade canvas, solid wood frame, oil paint
- Wipe clean with a damp cloth
- Returnable within 45 days to a U.S. Nordstrom Rack store or by mail.
- Ready to Ship Within 5 business days due to the impact of COVID-19. May be eligible to upgrade to next business day or two-business day shipping at checkout.
- This item qualifies for free shipping when you spend over $100.