Portrait of the Artist's Wife Framed Painting by Henri Matisse
- Style #
- Henri Matisse is known to be one of the leading artists of the modern art movements during the early twentieth century. He is considered the leader of the Fauvism movement, which is known for its unique use of bold color. Fauvism focused on the expression of emotion through color. The colors on the page existed as an individual element, not necessarily reflecting reality. And although the colors were individual, each of them played a specific role in the image to give the painting unity and a balanced composition. Portrait of the Artist's Wife features Amelie Matisse seated and posed in a chair. A common subject of many of Matisse's paintings was the human figure, displayed in various and unique ways in his art. This painting is a perfect example of the bold flat unrealistic colors of the Fauvist movement.
- Frame Description: Versailles Silver King Frame
- Ready to hang
- 30" x 42"
- Imported painting
- Framed and assembled in USA
Orders cannot be shipped to Canada, Puerto Rico, APO, FPO or P.O. Boxes.
- Artist grade canvas, solid wood frame, oil paint
- Wipe clean with a damp cloth
- Returnable within 45 days to a U.S. Nordstrom Rack store or by mail.
- Ready to Ship Within 1 - 3 days. May be eligible to upgrade to next business day or two-business day shipping at checkout.
- This item qualifies for when you spend over $89.