Emile Claus "The Asters, 1906" Framed Canvas Wall Art
- Style #
- In his 1906 painting, The Asters, Emile Claus lovingly and masterfully combined the style of French Impressionists with his own attention to light and atmosphere. The mostly small and short brushstrokes recall the work of Pissarro and Monet. Adjacent colors aren't mixed at all, instead remaining thick, individual spots of distinct hues. Claus brought his own touch, mostly noticeable in two ways. The careful gradation of the neutral sky seems to indicate that the sun is low, behind the rural home. The grasses are shady from the cover of trees and structures, yet the flowering bushes and reeds reach high enough to glow with a warm backlight. Our artists have preserved the same vibrancy and warmth in this meticulously reproduced oil painting.
- Frame Description: Rococo Silver, Antiqued Silver Frame with Gold Bead Inset
- 100% handmade oil painting on artist grade canvas
- Certificate of authenticity included
- Framed paintings arrive ready to hang on your wall with hanging hardware included
- Orientation: Horizontal
- 30" W x 26" L (actual: 29.5" W x 25.5" L x 2" D)
- Made in USA
Orders cannot be shipped to Canada, Puerto Rico, APO, FPO or P.O. Boxes.
- Artist grade canvas, solid wood frame, oil paint
- Wipe clean with a damp cloth.
- Returnable within 45 days to a U.S. Nordstrom Rack store or by mail.
- Ready to Ship Within 9 business days due to the impact of COVID-19.
- This item qualifies for free shipping when you spend over $100.