This painting is part of our "Luxury Line". It is made of the same hand painted oils on canvas, with the addition of beautifully hand embellished gold and silver accents. Exclusive only to our highest quality reproductions. Hand painted oil reproduction of a famous Klimt painting, The Kiss. The original masterpiece was created in 1907-08. Today it has been carefully recreated detail-by-detail, color-by-color to near perfection. The painting depicts a couple surrounded by a gold blanket and ornaments sharing a moment of shear passion - the perfect kiss. In the oil and gold masterpiece, the man appears standing as he holds in his arms the kneeling woman. The two seem to be positioned on a flower field, kissing, totally engaged with one another. The woman seems to be following the lead of her partner, but is not taking an active part. The patterns of the man are mostly black and white rectangles, while the woman is engulfed in flowers. The identity of the people depicted in this oil painting is not exactly clear; some suggest that it is Klimt himself and his beloved partner, Emilie Floge. Gustav Klimt (1862-1918) was one of the most innovative and controversial artists of the early twentieth century. Influenced by European avant-garde movements represented in the annual Secession exhibitions, Klimt's mature style combines richly decorative surface patterning with complex symbolism and allegory, often with overtly erotic content.
- - Frame Description: Versailles Gold Frame - Ready to hang - Certificate of authenticity included - 43.5" x 33.5" x 2" with frame; 30" x 40" without frame - Painting: Imported - Framed and assembled in USA
- Wipe clean with a damp cloth
- Artist grade canvas, solid wood frame, oil paint
- Item #6341477
Shipping & Returns
- This item qualifies for free shipping on orders over $89. View Shipping & Returns Policy.
- This item is returnable within 45 days by mail or to a U.S. Nordstrom Rack or U.S. Nordstrom store.