Fate of the Animals is a handmade oil painting originally created by Franz Marc in 1913. It would make a wonderful gift for anyone who loves wild life. Franz Marc was born on February 8, 1880, in Munich, Germany. He studied at the Munich Art Academy, and in the early years of the Twentieth Century became an influential figure in the birth of abstract art. In 1911 Marc founded the almanac "Der Blaue Reiter" along with Wassily Kandinsky, and was a principal member of the First German Salon Automne in 1913. Much of his work was based upon exuberant color and profound emotional and spiritual states. Franz Marc saw animals as innocent beings in harmony with nature. He attempted to paint the world from the animal's perspective. Marc volunteered for service in World War I, and was killed near Verdun, France, on March 4, 1916. Despite his early death at the age of thirty-six, Marc was responsible for some of the most important pieces of the Expressionist movement. Why not grace your home with this reproduced masterpiece? It is sure to bring many admirers!
- - Frame Description: New Age Black Frame - Color: multi - Ready to hang - 28.75" x 2" x 24.75" - Made in USA Please note your order will be shipped directly from the brand. Orders cannot be shipped to Australia, Canada, Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico or P.O. Boxes.
- Wipe clean with a damp cloth
- Artist grade canvas, solid wood frame, oil paint
- Item #6554256
Shipping & Returns
- This item qualifies for free shipping on orders over $89. View Shipping & Returns Policy.
- This item is returnable within 45 days by mail or to a U.S. Nordstrom Rack or U.S. Nordstrom store.
Fate of the Animals - Framed Oil Reproduction of an Original Painting by Franz Marc
Get a $60 Bonus Note when you use a new Nordstrom credit card. Apply now