Shun CutleryKanso Hollow-Ground 5.5" Santoku Knife
- When it comes to your kitchen, it's all about finding the tool that are just right for you. If you prefer a smaller knife, may we suggest you try the Shun Kanso 5.5" Santoku? In size, it's smaller than our full-sized santoku, but still offers all the performance you expect from a favorite kitchen tool. Its in-between weight and size make this santoku perfect for medium-sized kitchen tasks, from slicing carrots and shallots, to mincing herbs, to cutting chocolate or butter. The hollow-grounds on the blade help food release more quickly, making food preparation even easier. Cooks with smaller hands or those who simply prefer a more compact knife may find that this slightly smaller santoku becomes a top go-to knife. Some cooks have told us they use it in place of a paring knife or find it to be the ideal size for cutting up breakfast fruit. The Shun Kanso 5.5" Hollow-Ground Santoku is part of the Shun Kanso series. Kanso is a design principle based on Zen philosophy. It means “simplicity,” but simplicity that is achieved by eliminating the non-essential. In Kanso, we took away anything that doesn’t matter and kept everything that does: high-performance steel, razor-sharp edge, perfect balance, and precision cutting control. The steel is Japanese AUS10A - highly refined, high-carbon, vanadium stainless steel that takes a razor-sharp edge and holds it longer. Kanso's Heritage finish hides scratches and gives Kanso a rustic look that just improves with age. The handle is made of a wood called tagayasan or wenge, which is sometimes known in Japan as “iron sword wood.” The handle contouring enables an easy chef's grip. Full-tang construction provides strength, balance, and easy cutting control. Like all Shun knives, Kanso is sharpened to a 16 degree cutting angle on each side to cut cleanly and help preserve food’s freshness and best taste.
- Color: metallic
- 3.5" x 13.25" x 1.25"
Orders cannot be shipped to Canada, Puerto Rico, APO, FPO, or P.O. Boxes.
- AUS10A high-carbon Japanese steel, tagayasan wood
- Hand wash and towel-dry.
- Returnable within 45 days by mail or to a U.S. Nordstrom Rack store or U.S. Nordstrom store.
- Due to the ongoing impact of COVID-19, your order will be ready to ship within 3 - 5 days. May be eligible to upgrade to next business day or two-business day shipping at checkout.
- Store Pickup available at checkout for select items. Pickup your order at a store of your choice.
- This item qualifies for free shipping when you spend over $89.