Shun CutleryKanso 6.5" Boning/Fillet Gokujo Knife
- The Shun Kanso Boning/Fillet Knife is a rigid knife with a razor-sharp edge, and it's adept at key kitchen chores. For boning, the narrow, sharp, curved blade gets in close to the bone, making it easy to separate meat from bone. Even fibrous tissue is no match for Shun's extremely sharp edge. It’s perfect for trimming the silver skin from a tenderloin or roast, or even making your own cutlets. The narrow blade reduces the drag as you cut against the meat, so cutting is fast and easy. When it comes to filleting fish, the blade's 6.5" length is just right to glide through the body of the fish, quickly removing bones and skin for a perfect fillet. The contoured tagayasan handle provides a secure grip for excellent control. Shun Kanso 6.5" Boning/Fillet Knife is part of the Shun Kanso series. Kanso is a design principle based on Zen philosophy. It means “simplicity,” but simplicity that is achieved by eliminating the non-essential. In Kanso, we took away anything that doesn’t matter and kept everything that does: high-performance steel, razor-sharp edge, perfect balance, and precision cutting control. The steel is Japanese AUS10A - highly refined, high-carbon, vanadium stainless steel that takes a razor-sharp edge and holds it longer. Kanso's Heritage finish hides scratches and gives Kanso a rustic look that just improves with age. The handle is made of a wood called tagayasan or wenge, which is sometimes known in Japan as “iron sword wood.” The handle contouring enables an easy chef's grip. Full-tang construction provides strength, balance, and easy cutting control. Like all Shun knives, Kanso is sharpened to a 16 degree cutting angle on each side to cut cleanly and help preserve food’s freshness and best taste.
- Color: metallic
- 1" x 10.75" x 1"
Orders cannot be shipped to Canada, Puerto Rico, APO, FPO, or P.O. Boxes.
- AUS10A high-carbon Japanese steel, tagayasan wood
- Hand wash and towel-dry.
- Returnable within 45 days by mail or to a U.S. Nordstrom Rack store or U.S. Nordstrom store.
- Due to the ongoing impact of COVID-19, your order will be ready to ship within 3 - 5 days. May be eligible to upgrade to next business day or two-business day shipping at checkout.
- Store Pickup available at checkout for select items. Pickup your order at a store of your choice.
- This item qualifies for free shipping when you spend over $89.